30 Day Squat Challenge



I hate exercising. However, I have no self control when it comes to food so I attempt to exercise. Normally I would choose to go running because it doesn't involve any sort of machine or an expensive gym membership. The summer in New Orleans is long and hot. It is almost impossible for me to run outside from June to October. I usually take an exercising hiatus during this time but as I get older it gets more and more unwise. 

I knew I had to do something but I didn't want to risk dying of heat stroke or pay for a gym membership. For the month of July I decided to do a 30 day squat challenge. Squats are something that can be quick and effective. Most importantly I can do them at home in the air conditioning! I googled squat challenges and decided to go with this one. I chose it because it looked like a good schedule for a beginner and it includes demonstrations. I hadn't heard of most of these squats before so the demonstrations really helped me do them correctly. 

Today is day 30 for me and I really liked it! I liked that the squats changed every few days, I liked that you can do them in a very short amount of time and even though they took less than 2 minutes out of my day I really felt like they made a difference. If you are lazy like me but still want to feel like you are attempting to be healthy I recommend this squat challenge. I have decided to do it again this month! 

Comments

Popular Posts