Vermont

As much as I love New Orleans, the summer months are pretty brutal. I have been here a long time but for some reason, I just can't get used to the extreme heat and humidity. I suffered most of July without functioning air conditioning so I was dying to go home to Vermont. 

On top of that, I have been in a bit of a funk lately. It seems like within the past couple of years every time I check Facebook or Instagram I see yet another engagement or wedding post. It has been harder and harder for me to resist comparing my life with the ones I see on social media. I was reading a post about how to snap yourself out of a funk and one of the suggestions was going to the beach. I googled the nearest beach to New Orleans but if you've been watching the news lately, the weather in Louisiana hasn't been great. I called my mom and I told her about how I think being by the water would really lift my spirits but it wasn't an option for this weekend. 

In a spur of the moment decision, we decided I should fly to Vermont for a long weekend. I bought a ticket on Friday and flew home on Saturday! The trip was way too short, I was not ready to leave but it was so nice to be on Lake Champlain with the cooler mountain air.





On Sunday we drove through Charlotte with beautiful views of the Adirondack and Green Mountains all around. 





Monday we spent the day out on the boat. It was the most perfect day! Being on the water with beautiful views everywhere you look instantly made me happy. I can attest that being on the water is a quick way to lift your spirits. However, seeing so many family members, being home, spending time with my dog made leaving really hard. I tried not to cry while flying back to New Orleans yesterday. I am going to DC in three weeks, hopefully having something to look forward to will help me get my mind in a better place.

Comments

Popular Posts