Drip

I love Juley Le's blog, Upperlyne & Co. I love her style and learning about new goings on in New Orleans from her. I discovered through her blog that she was opening an Affrogato Bar right near my office called, Drip. I have never heard of Affrogato, pronounced AH-FO-GAH-TOE, but it looked delicious. Ice cream, toppings, with some espresso poured over the top. It sounds like the perfect afternoon pick me up when I am stuck in this office until 5:00. I finally got the chance to go over the weekend and it did not disappoint. The best part is that they use Creole Creamery ice cream which is hands down the best ice cream I've ever had. 



I got the traditional Affrogato but they were out of the Tahitian vanilla bean ice cream so I substituted strawberry. The ice cream, the crushed pistachios and the espresso was a delicious combination.  


The space is SO cute! I could have sat there all afternoon but shortly after I took this picture all the seats were taken and a line was forming so I couldn't hang around. It is just a couple blocks from my office so I know I will be here many many more times in the future.


Comments

Popular Posts